By Zachary:
Today I went and got my immunization shots for our trip to Africa (Ghana)! I didn't like it too much. The first one (typhoid) was not hurting and the second one (yellow fever) was really stingy. We may have to get one more shot.
What I am looking forward to most about our trip is seeing the elephants and the hippos. I also want to go see the Adinkra cloth that is made in the Ashanti region. We just learned about it at school. We learned about how the Adinkra cloth gets bigger every year because they make it longer for the events that happened every year. And then when the last of the family is gone, the Adinkra cloth gets hung up on the ceiling. The designs on the cloth are stamps and symbols and patterns.
I'm also looking forward to feeding the monkeys--our friends have a photograph where they are feeding monkeys in a small village. They feed them corn on the cob! We leave in exactly 6 weeks (42 days)!
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment